Dental Implants Singapore
Dental implants are a great option for replacing missing or badly damaged teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are dental prostheses which look and function like natural teeth. These tooth implants not only eliminate dental gaps permanently, but also prevent bone loss, and help maintain your other teeth.
If one or more teeth have been lost, dental implant surgery will restore both smile and confidence. Consequently, implants are now the more popular alternative to traditional dentures and dental bridges.
Why are Dental Implants used?
A dental implant stabilizes one or more false teeth. Should a tooth’s root fail, it can be replaced by a titanium screw which is inserted into the jawbone, imitating a tooth root.
Types of Dental Implants available at our clinic
Single-tooth Implant Supported CrownThe single-tooth implant is the most commonplace procedure, where the roots of a single tooth are replaced with single-tooth implants. This type of implant does not affect surrounding teeth, and it’s an implant option used when a patient has one or a few missing teeth.
Implanted Supported BridgeDental implants are able to support an implant-retained bridge when multiple teeth are lost. In fact, an implant-retained bridge with just two supporting implants, may replace up to six teeth in a row. A dental bridge is less expensive than inserting a single implant for each missing tooth, and once in place, the bridge will look very natural. Further, and unlike traditional dental bridges, an implant-supported bridge does not require the support of adjacent teeth, because the roots of missing teeth have been restored.
Implant Retained DentureAn implant retained/supported denture can also be a viable and practicable solution for someone who has lost all their teeth. This surgery restores all these teeth by utilizing a pair, or more, of implants to reinforce and sustain a denture. As dental implants are implanted directly into the jawbone, implant retained/supported dentures feel far more comfortable and are practically immovable compared to the ordinary removable dentures. As a result, the feeling of biting and eating food is found to be as natural as possible
Dental Implants procedure in Singapore
- The initial stage is the creation of a customized treatment plan by utilising X-rays and other scans to help measure the quality and quantity of bone at the implant site. For more complex cases there may be a need for a team approach whereby a collaboration of dentistry professionals provide specific care depending on the implant choice that is most suitable for you. I.V sedation and even general anaesthesia sometimes may be used for pain management in addition to local anaesthetic.
- A tooth implant is then positioned into the socket of the lost tooth. As the jaw’s bone heals, it develops around this inserted titanium screw, securing it in place. Healing time may range from six to twelve weeks.
- Once the implant has integrated to the jawbone, a small connecting post called an abutment is attached to the implant to help retain the new tooth securely.
- The dentist will then take impressions of the teeth and create a model to build the new tooth or teeth. This model will be the basis for the replacement tooth or teeth. The abutment is then fitted with a crown or prosthetic tooth.
- The dentist will also match the colour of your new teeth to the colour of adjacent original teeth. Since the implant is embedded in the jawbone, the replacement teeth will appear, feel, and function similarly to your natural teeth.
Dental Implants healing process
Are Dental Implants suitable for everyone?
Anyone healthy enough to undergo a standard dental extraction would also be considered suitable for an implant. It is essential that patients have healthy gums and sufficient bone to support the implant though, this is assessed through various Low radiating scans.
Patients should also be diligent in maintaining proper oral hygiene and be prepared to see the dentist regularly. Those who are heavy smokers, have uncontrolled chronic diseases, such as diabetes or heart disease, need to be assessed for suitability. Others who may have been subjected to or have received radiation therapy to the head or neck area should also be assessed. A dental implant consultation with your dentist can help you decide whether to get implants.
Do Dental Implants hurt?
- Simple procedure: If one tooth is replaced and no bone grafts involved, the patient should feel only slight discomfort.
- Moderately difficult procedure: The majority of patients can tolerate moderate implant surgery, which usually causes some swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
- Complex procedure: Some patients may require more time to overcome the healing & integration process. Multiple implants or a problematic treatment may cause more discomfort, and see the dentist likely to advocate the ingestion of only soft foods for some six weeks following the procedure.
How much do Dental Implants cost in Singapore?
Dental implant surgery in Singapore normally costs between $3000 and $6,000 for each dental implant. This price incorporates both the dental implant operation and the dental crown placement.
Indeed, surgery costs can also fluctuate depending on the brands and types of implants undertaken, and also with the type of material used in the fabrication of crowns, dentures and bridges. The number of implants used in the therapy will also add to the cost of teeth implants in Singapore.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
Prevents Bone Loss
The major benefit of dental implants is the prevention of bone loss. Bone loss occurs within the jaw when teeth are lost. In order that bulk be retained, the jawbone requires stimulation when the upper and lower teeth meet.Dental implant surgery is the only tooth replacement technique which also replaces jaw bone stimulation, to help with bone preservation
Matches Your Natural TeethDental implants come in different sizes. With the right implant procedure, your dentist will work with you to create dental implants that are the same colour as the rest of your teeth and fit appropriately in the gap. Only you and your dentist will be aware of which teeth are implanted
Helps Natural SpeechSome tooth replacement options, such as dentures, can impede your ability to pronounce words correctly. Speech issues may arise as a result of missing teeth. Since dental implants feel and operate like natural teeth, allowing you to speak freely and organically.
Prevents The Change Of Your FaceYour teeth provide structural support for your face. When you lose your teeth, you lose that support, causing your facial structure to change shape, sinking in and giving you an older look. Implants work to provide the same support to your face as natural teeth provide, preventing them from changing shape.
Free From CavitiesArtificial teeth still require maintenance to prevent bacteria from collecting in your mouth and causing illnesses, but the material used to make dental implants cannot rot. You’ll never have to be worried about cavities in your dental implants!
Why choose us for Dental Implants in Singapore?
Our dental surgeons have many years of experience and take utmost care during the entire process. As a result, you can be at ease that you will be treated by surgeons who are highly passionate about dental implants and who stay up to date on technological advances in this field.
We offer personalized care and in-depth consultations to provide quality dental procedures. So book your appointment today and get the proper treatment dental implant treatment.
FAQ On Dental Implant Cost and Procedures
Frequently Ask Questions
When Are Dental Implants Required?
What Factors Affect The Cost Of Dental Implants?
The number of replacement teeth you require will also influence the cost of your dental implant treatment plan. For example, a dental implant costs less to replace one tooth with a single dental crown than to restore a whole row of teeth.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Does Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Request for an appointment
Why Choose Us
A better day starts with a better smile.
Have any specific question to ask?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at 6241 3088 for any assistance.